PRTESOL is a not-for-profit professional organization that is dedicated to:
- promoting scholarship and professional development;
- providing opportunities for study and research;
- disseminating information and research on the teaching of English to speakers of other languages
- working cooperatively towards the improvement of instruction in all programs which seek to provide students with the opportunity to become proficient English language learners;
- coordinating information with local, stateside, and international professional organizations with similar goals;
- promoting the recognition of English as an additional language tool for communication, and not as a supplanting means of expression at the expense of the learners' native language and culture.
This website disseminates information related to our different activities and also keeps our members in contact with its representatives. Together we can do great things to improve the teaching of English in Puerto Rico. This is a forum for all ESL educators to share ideas and opinions to better the profession and our students in particular.